March 6, 2013



Quiet Moments

When I was young I used to love
to sit upon your knee.
I’d gaze into your loving eyes
as your arms enfolded me.
Your gentle kiss would stir
the golden tendrils of my hair,
as whispered sentiments of love
we quietly would share.
We’d read a book together,
the same time after time.
I knew all of the words by heart,
you didn’t seem to mind.
When darkness fell you tucked me in
and gently kissed my cheek.
You’d wish upon a shooting star
the Lord my soul to keep.
The years have passed so quickly,
death parted you from me.
I hope you know how much it meant
when I sat upon your knee.
Gazing to the heavens,
as I quietly reminisce,
I’d give a million of those stars
to feel your gentle kiss.
I’d give all my tomorrows
to hear you read to me,
and remember those quiet moments
when I sat upon your knee.

Source: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment